Through your membership in the Chamber of Commerce, you are a part of an effort to promote local commerce and civic interests, as well as economic development in our communities. You become a resource for people and organizations seeking to visit and/or relocate to our area.
The Chamber is a direct extension of your business marketing plan and offers a number of advertising and promotional opportunities:
- Network with other area businesses through monthly Chamber meetings and Business After Hours open house gatherings
- Introduce yourself and/or your company/services to the Chamber as a participant in the Member in the Spotlight Program at a monthly meeting, sponsor a Chamber Breakfast Meeting, or host a Business After Hours at your facility
- Distribute your brochures and business cards at Chamber meetings and events
- Insert your flyers in the monthly meeting agenda packets
- Enter a periodic listing of your products/services/rental opportunities in the weekly Area Events E-Bulletin , the Greater Franklin Alliance E-Bulletin .
- Post on our Chamber website ( www.jay-livermore-lf.org ), which provides the opportunity to link to your website
- List your organization in the Member Directory of the Area Guide at no cost
- Advertise in the annual Area Guide at a discounted rate
- Advertise in cooperative advertising projects, offering you significant savings
- Receive referrals of potential customers from the Chamber Office and Chamber members, which can expand your customer base
- Display our Chamber Membership decal and lend credibility to your business, as a member of a nationally recognized professional organization
Your membership in the Chamber provides you an opportunity to strengthen your organization in the community. The Chamber's success depends on your commitment to participate in and support the Chamber's many programs and activities by:
- Developing leadership skills as an Executive Board member or by taking a prominent role in Chamber committees and events
- Sharing your skills, experiences and services at Chamber workshops and educational seminars with members of the business community
- Sponsoring, participating in and attending local annual events such as the Fourth of July Celebration, Golf Scholarship Tournament, and the Apple Pumpkin Festival.
- Contributing to the Chamber Scholarship Fund, which awards scholarships to college and technical school bound seniors from RSU #73 each year
- Mentoring new businesses in our communities and encouraging residents to shop local
- Hearing keynote speakers on topics of importance to our economy and environment
- Monitoring legislation pertinent to our business communities and providing a vehicle to alert local legislators and public officials of your concerns
- Hosting candidate forums in election years to provide an opportunity for the public to learn the positions of candidates on business issues and issues that impact our local environment and community life
- Accessing the local Chamber office as a resource for members and the general public
- Obtaining group rates on insurance through the Maine Chamber of Commerce
Community organizations and individuals benefit from the work of the Jay-Livermore-Livermore Falls Chamber of Commerce, and you receive the same benefits and can feel a sense of pride and accomplishment in your contributions and support as a Chamber member.